There are a variety of spells to gather throughout the game, each earned by defeating bosses, and by purchasing them with souls. Each spell has its own unique ability, be it offensive or defensive, and is activated by holding down the L1/LB button and pressing one of the four face buttons. Four spells can be equipped at any one time with the player able to assign particular spells to particular buttons, offering quick and easy access to the magic required most. Each spell drains mana.
List of SpellsEdit
- Righteous Path: Dante performs a dash attack and leaves a trail of icy shards in his wake.
- Divine Armor: Dante surrounds himself in holy power to absorb damage.
- Martyrdom: Dante sacrifices Health and Mana to deal a heavy amount of damage to any surrounding enemies.
- Heaven's Embrace: Dante summons several icy shards, which act as mines.
- Sins of the Father: A magic pendant protects Dante and attacks any nearby enemies.
- Lust Storm: Dante surrounds himself with a storm of dark energy that deals damage to enemies.
- Suicide Fruit: Dante slams the rotting fruit of a Suicide Tree into the ground, stunning nearby enemies.
- Putrid Voice: Dante mirrors the Gluttons and vomits a deadly acid onto enemies in the surrounding area.