Gabriel is a character in Dante's Inferno. Gabriel is an angel under God, and is also the brother of Lucifer and his other brethren in Heaven. He appears to Dante Alighieri at the end of Fraud, where he takes Beatrice and ascends with her to Paradise after she was absolved. He tells Dante to continue, stating that not only has he absolved Beatrice, but other souls (Including the ones he personally knew) and this would be crucial in the ongoing battle between God and Lucifer even though Dante does not understand it yet, he also tells him his "redemption is near."
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
As an angel of God, Gabriel is an immensely powerful being.
- Immortality - as an angel, Gabriel is both ageless and immortal, and is capable of living forever. He along with all the angels existed before mankind.
- Flight - Gabriel can fly under his own power; his wings seem to merely flap gently and slowly while flying or levitating.
- Teleportation - Gabriel was able to travel to Hell in order to retrieve Beatrice. He then ascended back to Heaven.
- Super Strength - Gabriel is endowed with possibly impressive amounts of strength. However, it is unknown if he is strong as or possibly even stronger than Lucifer given the fact that he is a blessed angel and has not fallen from grace.
- Super Speed - Gabriel is capable of moving at speeds that rival that of Lucifer.
- Super Stamina
- Healing Factor
- Elemental Control - Like Lucifer, Gabriel is capable of manipulating wind, fire, light, and lightning.
- Possibly Telepathy
- Gabriel is one of the three only known angels in the game, with the others being Lucifer (a fallen angel), and Saint Lucia from the DLC expansion, The Trails of Saint Lucia. Archangel Michael is mentioned by Lucifer some times.
- Interestingly, when Gabriel speaks to Dante when he comes to claim Beatrice's soul, his mouth never opens or moves once.
- This may lead one to believe that Gabriel might possess some form of telepathic ability and that he was communicating to Dante by simply projecting his thoughts into reality.